5 Qualities You’ll Find in a Great Moving Company
As a nation, we’re constantly on the move. The U.S. Census shows that about 10% of the entire population finds a new place to call home each year. That’s a lot of transition!
With that in mind, here’s five questions you should ask yourself before making your decision:
- Do they have a legitimate history of good reviews?
- Simply Google the name of the business and see how customers describe their past experiences. If the company has a long list of poor reviews, it may be time to look elsewhere. We stand by our work, so you’ll find hundreds of wonderful reviews on Google, Angie’s List, and Yelp!
- Are they accredited by the Better Business Bureau?
- Consumers have been able to rely on the BBB for decades. If a business is either unlisted or has a bad score, that should be an immediate red flag. You can check our score here.
- Is the moving company fully licensed?
- When you chat with your next potential moving company, ask them if they are licensed by the U.S. Department of Transportation. You can also visit this link to verify their credentials. If the company doesn’t have a license, they’re running an illegal operation.
- Do they offer insurance?
- You would assume it would be a given, but some companies are not insurance friendly. That means if the movers damage your items or your home, they’re completely off the hook — leaving you to pick up the tab. We offer insurance on all of our moves. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to walk you through how it all works.
- How was your experience getting a quote?
- Quality customer service is something that’s hard to find these days. If the person on the other end of the phone is brushing you off, that should tell you all you need to know about the company. If they’re not enthusiastic about getting your business, it’s probably time move on.